Punjab Remote Sensing Centre
Punjab Remote Sensing Centre (PRSC), an autonomous organization under the Department
of Agriculture, Government of Punjab, is the apex body in the State for all Remote
Sensing (RS), Geographic Information System (GIS) and Global Positioning System
(GPS) related works. It is designated as a Nodal Agency by the Govt. of Punjab for
geospatial needs of the State and also acts as the centralized hub for the geo-spatial
data to all the user departments.
Services & Solutions
Agro-Ecosystems and Crop Modeling
- Impact of climate change on agro-ecosystems
- Crop growth monitoring and production forecasting
- Cropping system analysis
Forestry and Land use
- Forest mapping and monitoring
- Forest cover change analysis
- Land use/cover mapping.
Geology, Water Resources and Geoinformatics
- Geological and structural analysis
- Ground water exploration and Hydrochemistry
- Monitoring and mapping of changes in river courses and river bank erosion.
Land Resources, Utilities and Infrastructure
- Base map preparation of planning areas for master plan and sector plan finalization
- Land use/cover mapping
- Single property mapping.
Natural Resources & Environment
- Soil resource mapping and land capability classification
- Soil-site suitability analysis for different crops
- Delineation and monitoring of degraded lands (dunes, soil salinity/alkalinity, water
logging, soil erosion)
- Evaluation of soil fertility